Birdhouses are a great way to collect birds nests and various seeds and rings. It is also the only method to collect bird's eggs for the chance at the evil chicken outfit pieces. All birdhouses take the same amount of time (50 minutes).
QUICK START - When tagging the bot
@Old School Bot#7450you are offered a one-click button to run the same previous birdhouse trip. This option will only appear if your birdhouses are ready to be collected.
If you have no birdhouses in place, you can set them up using:
Collect and Plant Birdhouses
To check to see if your birdhouses are ready, use:
- 10% for full graceful equipped in skilling setup
These are the minimum requirements to make the lowest level birdhouse. See the table below for further requirements on higher level birdhouses.
- Level 5 Hunter
- Level 5 Crafting
- 3 Quest points
- 4x Clockworks
- Made with 4x Steel bars -
- You will always reuse the same clockworks so you should only ever need 4.
- 4x logs
- These can be any tier logs provided you have the appropriate levels.
- 40x any hop seeds
- Can also use herb seeds (5 per birdhouse), however, hop seeds are used first.
There are a number of useful things you can collect from your birdhouse runs. These are:
- Bird nests - higher level birdhouses will give more nests on average
- Feathers - between 10-100 per any tier birdhouse
- Raw bird meat - between 1-3/4/5 depending on birdhouse tier
- Ring jewellery - any between sapphire-diamond (lower tier more common)
- Seeds - only tree and fruit tree seeds available (lower tier more common)
- Bird eggs - all colours are equal chance
- Clue scroll - beginner-elite tiers (lower tier more common)
You have a 50/50 chance at hitting the nest table when dismantling your birdhouses. If you hit the table, you then receive a random amount of nests between 1-9, depending on the birdhouse tier.
There are 3 nest types you can receive, and each of these has a weighting which determines your chances of receiving each one. They are:
- Egg nests (3%)
- Ring nests (32%)
- Seed nests (65%)
Clue scrolls are also given as a tertiary drop. Each tier (except beginner) has a 1/200 chance to be received per birdhouse but you can only receive one clue per birdhouse run.
Weirdly, if you don't receive any clues from the initial roll, you have a 1/1000 chance for a beginner.
These can be sacrificed at the shrine where you have a chance at receiving pieces of the Evil chicken outfit. Each piece is 1/300 chance, and there is no set order in which you receive the pieces of the oufit.
To offer the eggs, use
[colour] bird egg
NOTE: You will receive 100 prayer xp per egg offered.